Closes Monday September 27, 2021
D-Pace supplies products to the international commercial particle accelerator industry. Our areas of expertise include beamline systems, beam diagnostic devices, and ion sources for research, industrial, and commercial accelerator systems.
To learn more about D-Pace, please check out our website at www.d-pace.com
What we look for
- You thrive in a dynamic production environment. We’re looking for people who are interested in a multi-disciplinary, low-volume manufacturing environment. You enjoy designing complex electro-mechanical products according to specifications, and instructions. You are comfortable designing prototypes including developing instructions for first build systems. You are passionate about designing electro-mechanical systems.
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. We’re looking for people who are frequently looking to improve the lives of those around them and understand the inherent potential of all people to grow given a reasonable chance. You are a strong team player with good problem-solving skills, who derives satisfaction from learning with team members.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who seek to define good problems, before searching for an array of solutions. You are detail orientated and committed to reducing manufacturing errors.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who are interested in defining and solving problems as a group where each member can take ownership and accountability without reprimand for mistakes or divergent perspectives. You believe that diversity brings strength and depth to our thinking and actions.
What’s in it for you
- Grow your technical capabilities and collaborative skills in an innovative company in the unique field of particle accelerators
- Broaden your horizons by working with clients across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally
- Competitive wages based on compensation surveys, experience, and knowledge
- Comprehensive benefits program
- Live in British Columbia Interior
About the Job
PLEASE NOTE: We do not require a Mechanical Engineer-in-Training or Mechanical Engineer at this time.
D-Pace is seeking a full-time Mechanical Designer Technologist (Dipl. T-Mech) for our office in Nelson, BC. The successful applicant will be required to reside in or relocate to Nelson. The starting wage is between $23/hour and $33/hour, dependent on experience. D-Pace offers a comprehensive benefits package in addition to two weeks vacation pay and one week of flex time.
- Develop conceptual mechanical designs.
- Identify and select OEM equipment to integrate into design.
- Develop detailed mechanical designs.
- Assist with CAD Management
- Develop and/or document CAD & Mechanical Design Procedures and Processes
- Detail mechanical and equipment layout drawings.
- Manage shipping & expediting of assembly components and hardware.
- Manage project schedule in conjunction with project manager.
- Prepare and complete project documentation
- Review project status at regular intervals
- Organize project documentation including electronic communication, electronic files and physical project files.
- Technical Diploma (Dipl. T-Mech)
- Millwright, Machinist, or Industrial Fabrication Shop experience is an asset. Mechanical hands-on aptitude and can-do attitude.
- Ability to balance both focus on good solutions and focus on good schedules to meet firm deadlines.
- Safe, organized, meticulous, and detail oriented.
- Excellent Inventor and/or SolidWorks skills
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to compose correspondence and other written materials independently
- A strong work ethic, respect for confidentiality, and enthusiasm for mechanical design
In addition to the items that D-Pace should know about you, your cover letter shall specifically address the following items:
- Why you want to live/work in British Columbia's Kootenay region?
- Explain how you manage information to ensure accurate, relevant, and timely delivery throughout the project lifecycle. Explain the importance of developing habits that consistently catch errors, record accurate and timely information, communicate in a clear and rigorous manner to your audience, and present well-organized concepts. Explain the impact of your workflow on all stakeholders.
- Why is it important to have a genuine interest in a client’s world and stated problem instead of simply solving a support issue as quick as possible?
- Why is confidentiality important as a designer?
- Why do you want a career in manufacturing as a mechanical designer?
NOTE: You will be asked during your first interview to show one or two examples that you designed using screen sharing over Microsoft Teams.
How to Apply
Please submit resumes and cover letter as a single PDF document by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted