The D-Pace Mini-PET Beamline is a short, light-weight, low-activation beamline intended for use in PET radioisotope production. This compact beamline provides the ability to improve production rates, through better beam management on target. It also shifts the target away from the cyclotron, allowing the use of local shielding to reduce residual radiation. This system consists of a short, unique beam tube and a compound quadrupole-doublet/steering magnet, providing focusing and steering abilities. It requires no dedicated support, making upgrade from older systems with directly-mounted targets much simpler.
- Combination quadrupole doublet focusing, with X & Y steering.
- No dedicated support stands required; supported by upstream/downstream equipment.
- Magnets self-aligned with beam tube, no further alignment required.
- Use of low activation, low neutron producing, and radiation resistant materials.
- Simple installation, with minimal maintenance required.
- Can be purchased with or without associated power supplies.
- Beam tube can include KF25 ports, for vacuum or gauge connections.
- Beam tube lengths and flange sizes can also be easily custom tailored to precisely fit existing equipment, making upgrades less complicated.
The following is a link to a Bachelor Thesis entitled “Study of a novel compact beam line at a medical cyclotron”, which was authored by Diana Wüthrich, and performed at the Albert Einstein Center for Fundamental Physics, Laboratory for High Energy Physics, University of Bern, under the supervision of Dr. Saverio Braccini. This thesis describes testing conducted on D-Pace’s MiniPET beamline, including the use of the UniBEaM beam profiler to verify beam tunes.
For more information, or to order an item please contact us at email@example.com